Home Remedies and Tips For Cough During Pregnancy
Cough and congestion is common for several pregnant women. This happens because the nasal passages seem to swell up. When that happens, chances are that you may not be able to pop medicines right away as it might harm your baby.
You will have to think about your treatment options carefully before you take any medicine. So, it might be a good idea to try out a few natural remedies for cough during pregnancy. Speak with your health care provider and discuss the idea of trying out cough remedies during pregnancy.
Pregnancy And Baby Care Questions
Home Remedies For Cough During Pregnancy
You must ask the doctor for the medicines that you can take. Do not take any medicines without consulting your doctor. You can even try some of the following home remedies.
- Try making a cup of spiced tea. Boil some milk and water and add pieces of crushed ginger, pepper, and the leaves of Holy Basil. Simmer the brew for sometime before straining and drinking it. The herbs in the tea are good for decongesting your nasal passages and bring relief to the cough.
- You can boil some milk with a pinch of turmeric, pepper and ginger. This decoction is good for the throat and the cough.
- If you have a cough you can use a humidifier or do a simple thing. Boil water in a pot and then pour a few drops of eucalyptus oil in it. Keep the pot on a low table and cover your head with a large towel. Bend over the pot and cover yourself and the pot with the towel.
Inhale deeply. This is a good remedy for cough and congestion.
- Brew yourself herbal tea that will surely bring some relief from the cough and sore throat. To make this tea, boil some water and drop crushed ginger, peppercorns, leaves of Holy Basil and some honey. Simmer the mixture for a while and then just strain the liquid into a cup and drink it when it’s considerably warm. Keep the brew in the pot, and heat, strain and drink it at regular intervals.
- You must gargle with warm saline water.
- It is also a good idea to keep warm by wearing warm clothes and turning of the air conditioner.
- You should also keep yourself hydrated. Drink hot soups cooked with lots of vegetables and broth. Drink hot beverages like warm milk and herbal teas at regular intervals.
- Also drink a lot of water through the day.
Cough Remedies during Pregnancy