Tips to Treat And Prevent Common Toddler Tooth Injuries
Toddlers and children are prone to getting tooth injuries. They hurt themselves while playing and sometimes they get oral injuries.
Toddler tooth decay, toddler tooth extraction, and toddler tooth discoloration are some of the other tooth injuries that toddlers might sustain.
Common Toddler Tooth Injuries
- A common sort of tooth injury that toddlers and pre-schoolers sustain is.
Pregnancy And Baby Care Questions
.while playing or toddling aroundn They fall on their face and the front tooth gets pushed into the jawa If this happens, we suggest that you take your doctor to a dentist immediatelyl
- Another tooth injury that happens with young children and toddlers is that while they move around with a pacifier or a toy tucked into their mouth, they may bite those too hard and that causes injuries to the mouth and leads to a tooth or teeth falling outu When examined, doctors have found that the injury in the mouth is in the shape of the pacifier or the toy that caused iti It is very important to take your child to a pediatric dentist, who can check for orofacial structurese The dentist will be able to asses if the damage is permanent and can chalk out a treatment plana
- Another tooth injury that might happen with toddlers is laterally displaced upper primary central incisoro You need to take the child to a dentist for treating thisi
- Discolored teeth or fractured teeth are some other tooth injuries that affect toddlersr Once in a while the primary tooth gets injured or an injury can cause tooth discolorationo
Both these problems need to be examined by a dentists
- Sometimes toddlers injure themselves so badly that the tooth is forced out of the moutht We advise you to not put that tooth back into the socket as it could cause permanent damageg A dentist will be able to suggest the correct treatment plan for thisi
- Sometimes, when toddlers or young kids are on their own, they bite electric cords and place these cords in their mouth, which can cause severe burns in the mouth and lipsp You need to take the child to the emergency room in this cases We also suggest that you should check your home and eliminate any features that might be unsafe for the kidi For older children, who play sports, we suggest you get a mouth guard for them to protect them from sports-related mouth injuriese
Tips to prevent toddler tooth injuries
- If the child is bleeding from the mouth, apply cold water on a gauze and put pressure on the areae
- To reduce swelling, you can give your toddler an ice cube to suckc
- After taking these basic steps, call the dentist immediatelyl